Pages

Anja's Artblog

Friday 10 June 2011

Broken Twins - Sketch



'Una and Fleur are so called 'Broken Twins'. Both are connected to each other and a terrible fate surrounds them. According to the legend the sister who dies first will go to hell - the other one will face a peaceful dead. But the twin has to be murdered by the hand of its sibling. So they both hit the road, hate-ridden, to find and kill each other...'

That's the story written by a lovely girl who asked me to design the cover image for it.
She commissioned me a few weeks ago and I finally managed to get at least the outlines done. I've used the yin and yang symbol as the basis to symbolise how deeply connected both sisters are. Also I tried to illustrate their opposed charakters according to the description by the author.


If you want to see some indermediate steps of the drawing process you have to click on the image below. I don't know why it isn't working in here... .__."


It's the first time I've made a gif animation to show the different steps of the drawing process. 
I think it works quite well.:3

No comments:

Post a Comment